Thursday, April 8, 2021

#verselove - 8: The Therapist

For the month of April, I am participating in 30 days of #verselove poetry writing with Dr. Sarah J. Donovan's Ethical ELA

Today's poetry inspiration was by Barb Edler, who encouraged us to:

Consider the challenges you've overcome, the celebrations you can rejoice, the way you may miss something that you never realized you missed.



The Therapist

I never thought I’d miss
how every visit
you found 
the pulsating hurting raw 
shattered parts of me 
how you would hone in
cutting me open
digging down deep

I never thought I’d miss 
being alert and uncomfortable
on that rickety wicker couch
feeling off-balance
being off-balance
living off-balance
a fragile eggshell, exposed, empty

I never thought I’d miss
the microscope you held for me to see 
my own wounds 
all that was wrong
never allowing me to look away
I never thought I’d miss 
the work of you

you helped me 
heal



1 comment:

  1. Not often is there a poem of a therapist. I could understand the work of change therapy brings through your descriptions. Wonder if you will share as a thank you.

    ReplyDelete