Thursday, April 1, 2021

#verselove -1 shadow envy

Happy April! Today is the first day of 30 days of #verselove poetry writing with Dr. Sarah J. Donovan's Ethical ELA. I'm very excited! I participated in this writing community for the first time last April, and I remember being so sad to see the month end. Writing poetry together was the healing balm I needed during the beginning days of pandemic. So, I am not hesitating to join again this year, and I look forward to all the learning I will do. 

Today's inspiration is by Stacey Joy, who encourages us to write a shadow poem. She offers the following process:

Think about a time when you were in the shadow of someone else, when your own shadow spoke to you, or even the beauty of shadows as seen in my picture prompt. Perhaps you might ponder the mystery of shadows in a room. The possibilities are numerous, so avoid the rabbit hole and pick 2 or 3 to inspire your writing.

I was surprised by how challenging my writing was, and I hope it is just being 'rusty,' winding up at the start of 30 days. My simple poem belies the thinking that actually is behind it! Ah, well, here it is:




Our shadows
moved together
intertwined
long and friendly
almost dancing
connected
I felt envy


No comments:

Post a Comment