It is March 2022 and time for the
Every single day, for all thirty-one days of March,
writers will share stories.
Thank you, Two Writing Teachers, for creating this supportive community
The sedate part is the packing:
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
- Yogurt and fruit
- Water bottles
- Paper towels
- Sun hats
- Toys for the sand box
- Changing pad, diapers - just in case!
The lively part is everything else -
- getting the three year old dressed for the day, her teeth brushed, her hair tangles out (I punted on this last one - hahaha)
- getting a clean diaper onto one very wriggly sixteen-month old before leaving the house - what is it with snapping a onesie that seems to signal to the toddler, "time to make a quick escape!!!"?
- finding everyone's shoes, socks, jackets (it got so warm, we didn't even need the jackets - hooray!!)
- three year old to the bathroom, one last time, before leaving
- at the playground, so much wonderful running around...and running quickly, keeping alert - to the big slide, to the yellow slide, to the 'mountain,' to the sand box, to the balance beam, to the water fountain, to the blue twisty thing, to to to
- trying to curb their interest in the dog poop near the water fountain
- keeping food from blowing away, water from spilling over, hands relatively clean, bodies seated on the bench, during lunch
- keeping them awake on the car ride home, so that they both take great naps - woohoo! WIN for the grandparents!
It was an awesome day!