Saturday, March 23, 2019

SOL19 Slice#23: Note to self



I am participating in the
 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOL19)
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for the month of March 2019.

A big thank you to Two Writing Teachers for providing this unique opportunity
for teacher-writers to share and reflect.





Dear Maureen,

You are having a very good March!

I notice your self-care improves dramatically when you write every day...when you unlock, when you release, when you pour it out onto paper. Do you see the difference in yourself? Say, between today and this same date in February? Or January? You have been in a real funk, Maureen. Yes, you have your reasons for this...however, words release it. This I know: writing is healing.

This month,
You have been more patient.
You have been more present.
You are conversing more.
You are laughing more.
You are filled with gratitude.

Writing is healing.
You owe this to yourself.
You deserve this.
You must keep writing.

Advice for April:

  • Find a quiet place. 
  • Write and reflect.
  • Indulge yourself in playing with words.
  • Dare to share it in your blog.
  • Breathe.
  • Smile.
  • Repeat.


Love,
me, myself, and I





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful example of self-care and compassionate self-talk. Take care! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a positive reminder about why we slice. I'm so glad it's brought you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic message to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it's been a long time since I wrote a letter to myself. Thanks for making me think of this again - and thanks for your gentle, caring letter to yourself. Writing is, indeed, healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. And add "write some poetry" to your advice for April list! :-) -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Note to self sounds like a nice idea to "borrow" for my post today. So many thanks for the prompt! Love the words "this month..." followed by "April....." A good way to get back on the rails.

    ReplyDelete