Wednesday, March 20, 2019

SOL19 Slice#20: Blissful Stillness



I am participating in the
 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOL19)
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for the month of March 2019.

A big thank you to Two Writing Teachers for providing this unique opportunity
for teacher-writers to share and reflect.



The beauty of 3:30p.m.
Or maybe it is 3:35p.m.?
My day is filled with so many sounds,
children's voices - squealing, shouting, crying, laughing, talking, questioning, arguing
movements - clapping, running, banging, knocking, dropping, falling, bumping
adults - wondering, interrupting, calling, talking, laughing, herding, leading
raising voices
insisting
demanding
noise
noise
noise
and then
one last blast while children and their families gather all their belongings
frenetic searches for items
fast conversations
final questions
at the exit
followed by
silence
quiet
calm
absence
hush
nothing
blissful stillness.
It never ceases to amaze me
The beauty of 3:30p.m. 

3 comments:

  1. I read this in my stillness after a day of so many classroom noises. I feel the same way each day (and each morning before arrival!). I read this a couple of times, I love how you've created this beautiful poem from the cycle of sounds through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth? How one minute the noise is unbearable then silence. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The repetition of the time 3:30 allows us importance. I am writing now in blissful stillness and it allows me to write and reflect in peace.

    ReplyDelete