Thursday, March 14, 2019

SOL 19 Slice #14 Moving too fast



I am participating in the
 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOL19)
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for the month of March 2019.

A big thank you to Two Writing Teachers for providing this unique opportunity
for teacher-writers to share and reflect.


First I saw the sunrise - pink, orange, rose. I didn't take a picture, as I hurried to school. I kept the warmth and beauty in my heart, walking quickly, walking quickly. I turn the corner, and WHOA! Right there, just as I exit the metro and turn the corner, right there, on the wire fence:



A beautiful crotcheted flower, three feet in diameter, in vivid colors - pink, green, purple. Gorgeous! Amazing. Who left this? Who 'yarn-bombed' this fence? 

Wait! I just went by here,
just last night,
after a long day at school.
Was it there then?
Did I miss it?

Slow down.

Slow down.

Slow down.

This day cries out - NOTICE ME!

4 comments:

  1. It was so fun to happen upon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the phrase “yarn-bombed,” and isn’t this the best folk art street art. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete