Wednesday, March 10, 2021

SOL21 Slice 10: Spring!

 



I am participating in the
All participants are sharing stories about moments in their lives, writing 
 every day for the month of March 2021.
Thank you, Two Writing Teachers, for nurturing teacher-writers!


A photo essay today, because Spring has sprung here in Maryland. 


We have bright sunshine and 
temperatures topping out at 70 degrees - 
ah, it is gorgeous! 















Tiny little pops of color everywhere - 
there is this amazing mix of 
winter's brown and grey with 
sudden dabs of purple and yellow, 
specks of bright white, 
spots of blue and shiny green.
New growth. New possibility.
I am witnessing the very transition
of the changing seasons.
 












An absolutely perfect day for walking 
in our neighborhood park 
with my two-year-old granddaughter, "Frog." 



















We chanted/sang this silly little ditty as 
we looked for flowers - 

We must keep focus
to find the crocus
which is the locus
of Spring!



  

Tentatively stepping into spring . . .
it's early, so early,
you can't quite trust what you see.
It's possible winter will return,
with its slush and cold.




For now, 
breathe it in.







"Life is very short and what we have to do must be done in the now." 
- Audre Lorde
 

8 comments:

  1. I’m so happy to see these gorgeous signs of spring. I need to find the time to that song. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of “Frog.” What a fun adventure. I have yet to see flowers buffing here, so I’m living vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a 'real' song, just something she and I chanted as we explored...we did have a fun adventure!

      Delete
  2. "You can't quite trust what you see." I was thinking that same thing while I was enjoying your spring pictures. It is a little bit chillier, here, in Berks county, Pa. I hope we aren't too far behind you. I am so looking for those signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how long this spring burst will stay with us, I am a little worried it will get cold again. For now, it is divine.

      Delete
  3. I loved this slice--and I enjoyed the photos that went with it! I can't wait to see green and pops of color! I keep telling myself...soon! I can hear the birds chirping... Spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pops of color surprise every Spring! I love it!

      Delete
  4. Maureen, thank you for this lovely reminder of a four-seasons-type March day. I love the give-and-take of this month's weather. Your photos are beautiful. I love the focus on these resilient sweet little floral gifts of spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise! These are such tiny little flowers, love your description "resilient little floral gifts."

      Delete