Friday, March 27, 2020

SOL20 Slice #27: Moments that Mattered



I am participating in the
 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOL20).  
All participants are sharing stories about moments in their lives, writing 
 every day for the month of March 2020.
Thank you, Two Writing Teachers!






Six word poems, describing new normal.

Busy day ends, almost forgot post!

Isolation is actually busy and demanding.

So much uncertainty about this virus.

Washing my hands all day long.

Son visits, stays six feet away.

We share together but no hugs.

Change clothes for walks, not work.

Pajamas not seen on video screen.

Spend hours creating video, looks amateur.

Virtual classroom requires so much thinking.

I miss leading with my heart.

So many new tools to learn. 

Tender video calls with my preschoolers.

Office hours too restrictive - call anytime!

Preschool FaceTime means views of ceilings.

Laughter, love, caring through tiny screen.

Preschooler says "love you!", hangs up.

Notice cilantro in teeth after video.

What day and time is this?

Weekends and workdays seem so alike.

Could be worse, could be worse.

I know that I am blessed.

Moments that mattered, in small bits.



14 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I adore the six word poems that say so much. I especially loved "Laughter, love, caring through tiny screen" and "I miss leading with my heart." Bravo for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My favorite is probably "Preschooler says "love you," hangs up...which I wrote with SEVEN words first draft! Ha! Six words are challenging.

      Delete
  2. I love this! Makes me think it's something I would like to do with my students. Oh, how I miss them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes. I am missing my kids so much. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  3. You packed so much into this. Never wrote a 6 word poem. I'll try it. Thanks and Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 6 word slices. You captured so many of the same things I have been experiencing lately. Cilantro in teeth made me laugh! I love this slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That cilantro was a horrifying find.

      Delete
  5. I love this idea of writing the day in six word snippets. So many pulled on my heart strings, but a couple made me giggle: “ Notice cilantro in teeth after video.” and “What day and time is this?” One of my former admins posted a video clip about this yesterday. I commented that we have this discussion every day.

    I might have to borrow this format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Always great to read your comments.

      Delete
  6. This was my favorite: Preschool FaceTime means views of ceilings.
    I often have conversations with my grandson's forehead. (age 2)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an excellent poem. Years from now you can look back on this and try to explain all the strange things that were happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are right - writing during this time will be a keepsake for all of us.

      Delete